Vespas of Indonesia
-->

  by Michael Satterfield
@TheGentlemanRacer
@TheGentRacer
It is no secret that I have always loved Vespas, having owned a few over the years from the classic models to a rare GT60. Vespas only disappointment for me in the US has been their price points (which has not really kept me from buying them). My other annoyance is the fact that they only make truly beautiful bikes in limited editions (ie. the 946) that are all snapped up by collectors and are never ridden on the street and therefore are useless. The new Sprint is a step in the right direction and I am going to need to ride one to see if I want to ink up for another one.

But in Indonesia where the bike is still king Vespas are slightly more common than in the USA...and I love that. There is something about city that has classic scooters zipping around it that just makes it feel like a city should. Even if it is a small tourist town like Ubud on the Island of Bali. But on my multi-island adventure across Indonesia everywhere you looked there was a Vespa. It makes me want to run out and buy one right now... but I think I need to wrap up a few of our project cars first. I could not help taking pictures of the many scooters I encountered, here are some of my favorites.  













Comments 0